Rule changes from the ORSA AGM November 20th 2016. (effective 2017 )
1. That the ORSA Board to be given permission to abide by Softball Ontario, Ministry and Government Policies.
2.Girls series Pg.20 – In Lassies/Squirt fastball series number of runs scored are limited to 7 runs per inning . In Atom Girls number o runs scored are limited to 5 runs per inning.
In Boys series Pg. 16 In Squirt fastball series number of runs scored are limited to 7 runs per inning. In atom fastball series number of runs scored are limited to 5 runs per inning.
3.Pg. 25,26 (c) delete “However under no circumstances will the ORSA Executive give permission to such a player over 25 kms. if a release from another ORSA team which is closer to the player than the one seeking permission.
4. Pg.28(o) change to read ORSA will allow up to 2 players that put that centre over population but within mileage ….etc.
5. Pg. 35 (c) Tournament add “That a mercy for tournament play 15 runs after 5 innings”
6. That a Performance Bond for participation into Ontario Summer Games for Bantam Boys be paid at the ORSA Qualifying Tournament. If not paid , the team will forfeit its qualifying spot and the ORSA will move on to the next available team. Cost of Performance Bond to be determined by the ORSA in the specific year of the Summer Games.
7. That the ORSA host a Tournament for 2017.
PURPOSE–to seed teams in “A” and “B” Divisions .
This is for Pee Wee Division. The Boys Tournament Winner will represent the ORSA at the OASA Pee Wee Qualifier.
The Girls Division (Pee Wee ) will be for seeding purposes only.
Registered teams that do not participate ,the ORSA will seed them.
8. Amend-Atom Boys/Atom Girls division to be a tournament style format.